Hello and welcome to the ATP EPK.
This has been created to be a one-stop-shop where you can:
- read my biography and quotes
- listen to my tracks
- watch my live videos
- view my press photos / logos
- get a list of my online links and contact details
“Amongst the Pigeons is a place inhabited by soaring loops and the beating of electronic wings. Be sure to expect creative beats, addictive melodies and a whole host of twisted ideas.”
For fans of
Underworld, Orbital, Mr Scruff, Lemon Jelly, The Black Dog and Electronica in general.
- “Pure class and totally fucked up” Mike Five – New Music Saturday Show
- “I’ve no idea how to describe this, but I really like it” – Steve Lamacq. 6 Music
- “Short, sweet and a tad jazzy” – Rob Da Bank. Bestival
- “After putting on Spirit of Gravity nights for nearly 20 years, it’s great to see that there’s still something new that can be done!” – Geoff Cheesemaster – Spirit of Gravity
- “In many ways Those Stolen Moments is a celebration of the best bits of 90s dance music, avoiding its excesses and using inventive beats and creative sounds to great effect”. – New Music Social Blog
- “A surreal, informative and wonderful experience of dancing pigeons, music, electronica and pigeon facts.” – Glastonbury Open Arms – Stage Manager
- “ATP’s restless imagination throws up plenty of inspired moments” – Brighton Source Magazine
- “Big love to you for performing on our First Stop Stage this year, we enjoyed dancing dressed as pigeons and are grateful for your time.” – Glastonbury Green Info Stage – Stage Manager
Since 2004 Amongst The Pigeons has been defining a sound that only they fit into. Never ones to follow the latest musical trend they have stuck to crafting their own blend of ‘post-party-mash-up’ which has been winning praise and accolade through the release of 3 full-length albums, a numerous EPs and one-off singles.
Although hard to ‘pigeon-hole’ the sound of ATP has been described as ‘a dark Mr. Scruff’ and full of ‘relentless imagination’ – taking influence from sci-fi soundtracks and artists such as Orbital and Underworld.
It was the 2012 album ‘Get Amongst It’ that saw ATP really come into their own, with the promotional singles getting repeat airplay on BBC Radio 1, 6 Music, XFM and local stations up and down the country.
On record, when needed, ATP has enlisted guest vocalists, including the likes of Frank Turner, Beans on Toast, Ben Marwood, Oxygen Thief, Chris T-T, Piers Blewett and a whole host of up-and-coming artists.
Their third album was released on 15 November 2019 and received excellent reviews.
“In many ways Those Stolen Moments is a celebration of the best bits of 90s dance music, avoiding its excesses and using inventive beats and creative sounds to great effect.”
When released from their very own Beat Shed Studio the ATP:LIVE show had won over festival fans by gracing the line ups of festivals such as Brighton:Live, The Great Escape, Glastonbury, Secret Garden Party, Blissfields and Southsea Fest.
There has also been a host of support slots for acts such as GrassCut, BitBin, SeeFeel, M.E.N, Dodgy, Moon Hooch and more recently FatBoySlim.
The live show has evolved from just being a man playing music on stage to a fully immersive pigeon experience with pigeon facts, dance competitions and the famous pigeon masks. This may all sound odd but audiences love it.
Also not content with bookings on stage ATP have created an electronic guerilla ‘busking’ show. The whole set up including lights and speakers runs off a USB-powerbank which means that they can rock up anywhere, anytime and play a show. These sets have been going down incredibly well at recent festivals and will continue to evolve in 2020.
Moving forward ATP will be releasing more new music in 2020 and continuing to play as many shows and festivals as possible.
To see upcoming and previous gigs go to the LIVE page.
These are a selection of tracks to listen to. I have released over 80 songs and my music is quite eclectic.
My third album was released on 15.11.19 – it is 9 tracks and 25 mins long. If you fancy giving it a listen I have put a Spotify embed below.
These are a selection of Live Videos to show what to expect from me at a show. I also have a number of pigeon inspired promo videos on my YouTube page.
My live show is currently a 30-45 min set of live upbeat original dance/electronica intersperced with pigeon trivia. (It is not a DJ set).
This may sound bizarre but crowds really love the combination of original dance music and the pigeon element.
In terms of playing live I have previously played festivals such as Glastonbury, Secret Garden Party, Blissfields, and numerous other events across the country.
My show is family friendly and works alongside more traditional bands but the ideal time slot is a bit later in the evening when it’s darker.
If you want to watch a full 30 minute live show the video below was filmed on a Go Pro at a recent show.
Photos / Logos
Photos link to larger media files
More photos are on the Photo Page of my site.
There are three different ATP style logos.
These are all available in black and white as PNG (3 sizes) and EPS files. Please email with your details and I will WeTransfer or Dropbox them across.
Links (click URLs to open)
Contact – Daniel Parsons
Email – email@example.com
Mobile – 07867 546995