Hi and welcome to the ATP EPK.
Here you will be able to:
- read my biography and quotes
- listen to my tracks
- watch my live videos
- view my press photos / logos
- get a list of my online links
“Amongst the Pigeons is a place inhabited by soaring loops and the beating of electronic wings. Be sure to expect creative beats, addictive melodies and a whole host of twisted ideas.”
For fans of
Underworld, Orbital, Mr Scruff, Lemon Jelly, DJ Yoda, Coldcut.
- “I’ve no idea how to describe this, but I really like it” – Steve Lamacq. 6 Music
- “Short, sweet and a tad jazzy” – Rob Da Bank. Bestival
- “After putting on Spirit of Gravity nights for nearly 20 years, it’s great to see that there’s still something new that can be done!” – Geoff Cheesemaster – Spirit of Gravity
- “In many ways Those Stolen Moments is a celebration of the best bits of 90s dance music, avoiding its excesses and using inventive beats and creative sounds to great effect”. – New Music Social Blog
- “A surreal, informative and wonderful experience of dancing pigeons, music, electronica and pigeon facts.” – Glastonbury Open Arms – Stage Manager
- “ATP’s restless imagination throws up plenty of inspired moments” – Brighton Source Magazine
- “Big love to you for performing on our First Stop Stage this year, we enjoyed dancing dressed as pigeons and are grateful for your time.” – Glastonbury Green Info Stage – Stage Manager
Since 2004 Amongst The Pigeons has been defining a sound that only they fit into. Never ones to follow the latest musical trend they have stuck to crafting their own blend of ‘post-party-mash-up’ which has been winning praise and accolade through the release of 2 full-length albums, a numerous EPs and one-off singles.
Although hard to ‘pigeon-hole’ the sound of ATP has been described as ‘a dark Mr. Scruff’ and full of ‘relentless imagination’ – taking influence from sci-fi soundtracks and artists such as Orbital and Underworld.
It was the 2012 album ‘Get Amongst It’ that saw ATP really come into their own, with the promotional singles getting repeat airplay on BBC Radio 1, 6 Music, XFM and local stations up and down the country.
On record, when needed, ATP has enlisted guest vocalists, including the likes of Frank Turner, Beans on Toast, Ben Marwood, Oxygen Thief, Chris T-T, Piers Blewett and a whole host of up-and-coming artists.
When released from their very own Beat Shed Studio the ATP:LIVE show had won over festival fans by gracing the line ups of festivals such as Brighton:Live, The Great Escape, Glastonbury, Secret Garden Party, Blissfields and Southsea Fest. There has also been a host of support slots for acts such as GrassCut, BitBin, SeeFeel, M.E.N, Dodgy, Moon Hooch and more recently FatBoySlim.
Following a 5 year break, to follow other musical projects, ATP is back in 2019 with a brand new live show and a host of new material. Their first show in 6 years took place at the 2019 Glastonbury Festival and they are already booking shows for later this year and next year.
The live show has evolved from just being a man playing music on stage to a fully immersive pigeon experience with pigeon facts, dance competitions and the famous pigeon masks.
Also not content with bookings on stage ATP have created an electronic guerilla ‘busking’ show. The whole set up including lights and speakers runs off a USB-powerbank which means that they can rock up anywhere, anytime and play a show. These sets have been going down incredibly well at recent festivals and will continue to evolve in 2020.
Their third album is out on 15 November 2019 and is already starting to receive excellent reviews.
e.g. In many ways Those Stolen Moments is a celebration of the best bits of 90s dance music, avoiding its excesses and using inventive beats and creative sounds to great effect.
These are a selection of tracks to listen to. I have released over 80 songs and my music is quite eclectic. I have completed my 3rd album which will be out later this year.
The track below is unreleased and will be the first single from the new album.
These are a selection of Live Videos to show what to expect from me at a show. I also have a number of pigeon inspired promo videos on my YouTube page.
Photos / Logos
Photos link to larger media files
There are three different ATP style logos.
These are all available in black and white as PNG (3 sizes) and EPS files. Please email with your details and I will WeTransfer or Dropbox them across.
Email – email@example.com
Mobile – 07867 546995